Vietnam is a country with strong cultural identity. But during some festivals and harvest seasons year, it is difficult for Vietnamese manufacturers to deal with foreign companies because of the different schedule for working holidays. The festivities in Vietnam are based on the lunar calendar and they take an important place in the daily life of Vietnamese people.
We would like to share some useful information about festival periods and national holidays in Vietnam.
According to 2009 statistics, there are 7966 Festivals in Vietnam including: 7039 folk festivals, 332 historical festivals, 544 religious festivals, 10 festivals imported from other countries, the rest are other festivals (0.5%).
Provinces with the largest number of festivals are: Hanoi, Bac Ninh, Ha Nam, Hai Duong and Phu Tho. Festivals are presented virtually in all parts of the country.
Many festivals were born thousands years ago and now remained. Traditional festivals in Vietnam often are presented during spring and autumn seasons.
Among the festivities in Vietnam, which concern almost all Vietnamese families are:
- Lunar New Year – National Holidays
- Doi Son Festival – It takes place in Doi Son, Duy Tien, Ha Nam province traditional festive activity to pray for good weather and bumper crops and for encouraging farming production and farmers to work harder (Februrary)
- Vu Lan Ceremony – love and gratitude to ancestors and parents (August)
- The Hung Temple Festival – Vietnamese festival held annually from the 8th to the 11th day of the third lunar month in honor to the Hùng Vương Kings. The main festival day is a public holiday in Vietnam held on the 10th day of March of the lunar calendar
- Tet Trung Thu – The Mid-Autumn festival (15 days between early September and early October)
The best solution to make a production plan during harvest and festival seasons is:
- to provide to the customers all the information about harvest and festival seasons
- to start production before harvest and festival seasons
- to accelerate delivery process
In Ha Linh Rattan & Bamboo, we are concerned about the quality of our products. We work with many foreign customers and we built a good reputation through the years. Doing business with us easy and the delivery is always on time because we take into account the cultural aspects of Vietnam and countries around the world. Delivery delays never happen to our customers.